- You are here:
- GT Home
The Leadership and Multifaith Program (LAMP) is a collaborative endeavor of the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts at Georgia Institute of Technology and the Candler School of Theology at Emory University. It centers upon the complexities of life, work, and leadership in a world where many faith traditions converge dynamically in geopolitical space, whether these encounters are local, regional, or global. The Candler School of Theology brings to this initiative expertise in Christian encounters with diverse religious traditions. The Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts brings expertise in robust cross-disciplinary and cross-arena engagement. Both institutions hold longstanding commitments to excellence in research, education, and community service with the shared goal of interrogating critical elements related to the intersections of faith, leadership, and civic engagement. LAMP supports curricular programming at Emory and Georgia Tech and hosts multifaith public events throughout the year.
Barbara A. McGraw, "Interfaith Leadership as Transforming Leadership." April 18, 2017, 5:00-6:00 PM. Georgia Tech, Wardlaw Building Poole Board Room, 177 North Avenue NW, Atlanta, GA 30313.
Abbas Barzegar, "Faith and Forced Migration: Muslim Humanitarianism in the Age of ISIS." April 20, 2017, 1:00-2:15 PM. Emory University, White Hall 112, 301 Dowman Drive, Atlanta, GA 30322. Co-sponsored with Emory University's Middle East and South Asian Studie Department, Graduate Division of Religion, and the Laney Legacy for Moral Leadership Program at Candler School of Theology.
Spring 2017 Course Opportuities at Georgia Tech:
|Global Religions & Community Engagement,
Tuesdays 1:05-3:55 PM
|Science, Engineering, & Religion: An Interfaith Dialogue,
T/Th 4:35-5:55 PM
Sorry, no current events found.
Third Annual Symposium - February 6, 2017
Asylum, Refuge, and Relocation
Second Annual Symposium - March 1, 2016
Food, Farming, and Faith
Inaugural Symposium - Feb 18, 2015
Compassion and Leadership in a Multifaith World
- Forced Migration, Immigration, & Security forum at Georgia State University: March 30
- Technique highlights 2017 LAMP Symposium
- Atlanta Jewish Times features LAMP workshop on Migration and the Middle East
- Candler News & Events 2017 Symposium Recap
- LAMP Symposium 2017 Press Release
- Vote Atlanta for the 2016 Welcoming Spirit Award!
- Atlanta Interfaith Manifesto, September 2016
- LAMP Course featured in GT Class Notes: "Engineering a Life by Studying Religion."
- LAMP speaker Dr. Keshavjee Honored With the Gandhi-King-Ikeda Award for Peace
- Candler News Release - Symposium to Focus on Food, Farming, Faith