- You are here:
- GT Home
The Leadership and Multifaith Program (LAMP) is a collaborative endeavor of the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts at Georgia Institute of Technology and the Candler School of Theology at Emory University. It centers upon the complexities of life, work, and leadership in a world where many faith traditions converge dynamically in geopolitical space, whether these encounters are local, regional, or global. The Candler School of Theology brings to this initiative expertise in Christian encounters with diverse religious traditions. The Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts brings expertise in robust cross-disciplinary and cross-arena engagement. Both institutions hold longstanding commitments to excellence in research, education, and community service with the shared goal of interrogating critical elements related to the intersections of faith, leadership, and civic engagement. LAMP supports curricular programming at Emory and Georgia Tech and hosts multifaith public events throughout the year.
Check our Multifaith Events in Atlanta Calendar for interreligious engagement opportunities at Georgia Tech, Emory, and throughout the Atlanta area. Featured events include:
Religious and Scientific Perspectives on the Future of Life: February 17, 2018. This fourth annual LAMP symposium will be held at Emory's Candler School of Theology. Details and online registration for the full-day event are available here.
Interfaith Leadership for the 21st Century: Two Events with Imam Abdullah Antepli at Candler School of Theology. The recording of Abdullah Antepli's Nov. 1 lecture, "Between Fear and Hope: The Future of Interfaith Engagement," is now available.
The Mahboobeh and Parviz Izadi Lecture on Intercultural Peace. The full recording of Hrair Balian's Nov. 14 lecture on The Carter Center's work in Syria can now be viewed here.
- Candler News & Events: Symposium to Explore Future of Life from Religious, Scientific Viewpoints
- Emory News: Candler students complete new course on Jewish-Christian-Muslim Dialogue
- LAMP Course featured in Atlanta Jewish Times: "Dining Against Hate."
- Technique highlights 2017 LAMP Symposium
- Atlanta Jewish Times features LAMP workshop on Migration and the Middle East
- Candler News & Events 2017 Symposium Recap
- LAMP Symposium 2017 Press Release
- Atlanta Interfaith Manifesto, September 2016
- LAMP Course featured in GT Class Notes: "Engineering a Life by Studying Religion."
- LAMP speaker Dr. Keshavjee Honored With the Gandhi-King-Ikeda Award for Peace
- Candler News Release - Symposium to Focus on Food, Farming, Faith